- 3kg strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Juice from one small lemon
- 3kg white sugar
- Cut tops of strawberries and halve.
- In a large saucepan combine sugar and strawberries.
- Leave to stand for 1 hour.
- Add lemon juice and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once strawberries are very soft and the mixture coats the back of a spoon jam is ready.
- Spread evenly between jars, allow time to cool and then seal with lids.
Approximately five 350g jars.
How to sterilise jars
- Wash jars and lids in warm soapy water.
- Place jars in hot boiling water for five minutes or place in dishwasher on hottest cycle or place jars in a hot oven(220°C) for ten minutes.
- Allow time to cool before filling.